Light and Love from Srishti Madurai.
We are offering a Certificate Course on Mary Magdalene. The official details of the Course are available here.
Srishti Madurai Educational Research Foundation
As registered under 5/14 of THE INDIAN TRUSTS ACT, 1882
Certificate Course on Mary Magdalene
Aims of the Programme:
1. To give an understanding of the Role of Women in the Ministry of Lord Jesus Christ especially through the study of Mary Magdalene.
2. To study the role of Mary Magdalene in the Church.
3. To study the role of Mary Magdalene in contemporary feminist and queer activism.
4. To incorporate Mary Magdalene as the model of Christian discipleship and apostolate.
5. To understand the Contemporary issues surrounding Mary Magdalene.
6. To gain an understanding of Mary Magdalene in History research and Biblical research.
Anybody interested in knowing more about Mary Magdalene or to gain an understanding the role of woman in the ministry of Jesus Christ can apply for this course. The applicant must be able to speak and write in English or Tamil. There is no age limit for this program.
This certificate program can be useful for people involved in Church Ministry, feminists, Faithful laity who are the devotees of Mary Magdalene etc
1). This Course is an online based course. Once in a week the students will receive two lectures from the tutor and the full week is devoted for the course discussion and assignments. Each unit is valued by a course assignment.
2). You can take this Course at any time in a year.
2). There are three Tracks in the course.
Track A- Fully Online based Course
Track B- The Course is offered as a seminar or workshop based on the request by the institutions interested in having this course.
Track C- The Course is fully Online and the Person do a research work at the end of the Course based on the request by the interested applicant.
3). Course Modules
1. General Introduction to Mary Magdalene.
2. Mary Magdalene in Canonical Scriptures
3. Mary Magdalene in Apocrypha and Lost Gospels
4. Various identities of Magdalene
5. Mary Magdalene in art and popular culture
6. Mary Magdalene in the life of Saints.
7. Mary Magdalene in Social issues: Feminist and Queer studies.
8. Mary Magdalene in History and Recent archaeology.
The assessment will be based on the assignments for each module. The total assessment will be for 100 marks.
Interested applicants are requested to contact us at email@example.com.
Once the Course is successfully completed the student receives a Certificate of Completion from Srishti Madurai.
The course fee is 3000 INR. However Srishti Madurai offers scholarships for people who are genuinely interested in the course, but unable to cover the complete fee.